What are the main rights and powers of shareholders?
In return for their investment in your company, shareholders get a stake in your company. This stake provides them with certain rights and powers.
Rights of shareholders:
- Dividend right (right to distribution of a part of the profit of the company), and
- Voting rights (during a shareholders’ meeting)
Powers of shareholders:
- Convening a shareholders’ meeting
- Submitting a request for inquiry to the Enterprise Chamber (Ondernemingskamer) of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal
- Appointment and dismissal of directors
- Adopting the annual financial statements
- Deciding on the amendments of the articles of association, and
- Deciding on the remuneration policy for directors