Do I need a residence permit if I change jobs?

Work related residence permits (as a highly skilled migrant, EU-blue card holder or employer) have to be updated if you change jobs. If your residence permit is not job related, e.g. as a spouse or family member, there is no need to update your residence permit if you find another job.