Do I need a residence permit and/or a work permit?

Whether you need a residence permit and what kind of permit you need depends on your nationality, the purpose of your stay and the length of your stay. EU-citizens don’t require permits, whereas those from outside the EU need a residence permit and/or work permit. Together with the residence permit for yourself you can also apply for a residence permit for the members of your family.

Share on social media

Related questions

  • Do I need a residence permit if I change jobs?

    Work related residence permits (as a highly skilled migrant, EU-blue card holder or employer) have to be updated if you change jobs. If your residence permit is not job related, e.g. as a spouse or family member, there is no need to update your residence permit if you find another job.

  • My child was rejected from a school: What can I do about it?

    In some cases (primary and secondary) schools may reject your child. For instance, if the school is full or if you, as a parent, do not accept the school’s religious or philosophical beliefs.

    If your child is rejected, the school board will have to explain by letter why the school will not admit your child. Do you disagree with the rejection? Then you can submit a written objection within 6 weeks. The school board has to make a new decision within 4 weeks. Do you also disagree with this new decision? In that case you can go to court.