22 September 2016: Seminar for Ambassadors and Embassy Staff
The Embassy desk of Russell Advocaten regularly organizes seminars and workshops for Embassies and facilitates legal lectures in the framework of incoming trade missions. The seminar on Thursday 22 September, is exclusively organised for Ambassadors and Embassy staff. In three parallel sessions, we will focus on:
- Employment Law
- Real Estate
- Dealing with the Dutch – Investment in the Netherlands
During these interactive meetings, practical legal questions and developments will be discussed. Our aim is to transfer knowledge informally and answer questions that arise in your day-to-day business.
Thursday, 22 September 2016
12:00 – Registration, coffee / tea / lunch
12:30 – Workshops
13:30 – Questions and discussion
|1082 AG Amsterdam|
Workshop 1: Employment Law
During this workshop, we will inform you on how the new Dutch employment law, introduced in 2015, works for Embassies. Topics to be discussed include:
- When is a (local) employee entitled to an indefinite employment contract?
- What are the requirements for dismissing an employee?
- How to deal with illness of employees?
- How to reduce the risk of timely and costly procedures?
Speakers: Jan Dop, LL.M. and Gelske M. Speerstra, LL.M.
Workshop 2: Real Estate
This workshop will provide an introduction into the Dutch Real Estate Law. Topics to be discussed include:
- Buying and selling of real estate in the Netherlands (Embassy/Residence/private use)
- Lease office space or private residence
- Lease protection and how to avoid paying too much rent
- Government permits, environmental and zoning plans
Speakers: Reinier W.L. Russell, LL.M. and Ynze Kliphuis, LL.M.
Workshop 3: Dealing with the Dutch
Learn why entrepreneurs should invest and start their business in the Netherlands. Topics to be discussed include:
- Multiple ways to start a business in the Netherlands
- Characteristics, benefits and downsides of the most common entities
- Contracting in the Netherlands
Speakers: Paul W.L. Russell, LL.M. and Hilde Bruin, LL.M.
Please register for a workshop by filling out the form at our special websites for Embassies: www.embassydesk.nl. Registration for our workshops is open and free of charge. Please feel free to bring a colleague or guest.
For further information, please contact: Kim Hogewoning (T: 020 - 301 55 55) or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blijf op de hoogte
Wilt u graag op de hoogte blijven van de actuele juridische ontwikkelingen?
Of volg ons op LinkedIn
Vul hier uw naam en telefoonnummer in en wij bellen u zo spoedig mogelijk.
Onderstaande gegevens verwerken wij met uw toestemming, u kunt uw toestemming altijd weer intrekken. Lees ook onze privacyverklaring.